By Mark Bannerman, Managing Director at iOCO Infor Services Infor’s Master Partner in Africa, operating as a Gold Partner
On the 5th of June 2019, Infor officially announced the release of Birst 7, through an online product launch event. This release brings the market a unified, easy-to-use, consumer grade interface for creating centralised (enterprise) tenants and decentralised (self-service data preparation) tenants with a single click – including the ability to copy tenants for centralised and decentralised teams.
The release provides an entirely new data modeling experience that extends Birst’s patented data warehouse automation technology and a completely re-imagined administration module for managing centralised and decentralised deployments, including new auditing features and more granular user management capabilities.
Birst 7’s Key Capabilities & Competitive Differentiators
In addition to bringing centralised and decentralised analytics to the enterprise, Birst 7 offers users seven key capabilities and competitive differentiators:
- New, enterprise experience for modeling large, complex schemas using Birst’s patented Automated Data Refinement (ADR) technology. This includes the ability to create and update ADR scripted sources, clone sources, and levels and grains, in a single user experience for centralised teams.
- Fully cloud-managed Birst Connect 2.0 connectivity framework, with one-click migration for live access sources, including a new, easy-to-use interface for uploading complex flat files with advanced parsing capabilities and shared connections for centralised and decentralised teams.
- Full application metadata and user-defined object localisation in more than 40+ languages for a completely personalised user experience for decentralised teams.
- New, unified interface for creating and managing complex variables and row-level security, at the individual tenant level, providing rich customisation and personalisation features for decentralised teams.
- New enterprise administration capabilities for cloning complex data-orchestration workflows, transferring tenant ownership between centralised and decentralised teams, clearing tenant extraction and processing, and new, limited monitoring roles for decentralised teams.
- Self-service data preparation automated transformations, with advanced pivot transforms, to seamlessly pivot data from rows into columns without any scripting or complex SQL for decentralised teams.
- New Application Programming Interface (API) endpoints to generate formatted, print-ready outputs for dashboards and reports, including new export-to-PowerPoint capabilities for visualiser reports and entire dashboards.
How it’s Different to Birst 6
Birst 6 was built to provide analysts with the power of self-service data discovery. According to Infor, this version was purpose built to provide the ease of use needed to connect to data sets and create the analysis and visualisations needed for business insight without involving IT. With Networked BI, analyst-generated insight is shared or ‘networked’ into the enterprise semantic layer. As a result, Birst 6 enabled centralised and decentralised analytic use cases to be combined and governed.
“The vision of Birst 7 is about taking the same concepts of self-service and combining that with Machine Learning and AI, to improve ease of use and collaboration for every employee, not just the analyst,” confirms Infor.
To learn more about how Birst 7 can benefit your organisation, contact the iOCO Infor Services team by CLICKING HERE.
– ENDS –