In hospitality, it’s all about the guest. For an accommodation provider to obtain repeat business and ultimate success, guests must feel safe, cared for, and comfortable. They must experience a well-maintained property. Attractive, well-kept facilities play a powerful role in creating a welcoming, professional impression.
As anyone in the industry will tell you, however, it isn’t all about looks. Effective management and maintenance go deeper than appearances. Hospitality properties must comply with strict quality and safety guidelines, and meet many different service level standards. Growing the business requires first-rate asset management.
To achieve this, employing industry specific enterprise asset management (EAM) is essential. In hospitality unique challenges require unique software solutions. Hospitality organisations must keep their facilities in excellent shape to deliver a superior customer experience. This requires tailored EAM solutions to improve critical processes.
According to Barry Diedericks, EAM Subject Matter Expert at EOH Infor Services, Infor’s Master Partner in Africa, the sector’s challenges require distinctive, professional solutions.
Hospitality Industry Challenges
In the hospitality sector, the following challenges must be overcome to realise profitability:
- The management of multiple sites, each of which works according to its own operational processes and reporting structures
- Create, manage, and track work orders and service requests to ensure quick resolution
- Leverage mobile capabilities to expedite service delivery and enhance the guest experience
- Improve energy efficiency
- Monitor equipment and facilities comprehensively to meet energy saving standards and complement other green initiatives
- Proactively identify potential problems with high-risk assets like buildings, equipment, escalators, parking garages and recreational features
- Stay audit-ready with documentation from calibration reports, electronic signatures and greenhouse gas (GHG) reporting
Why implement EAM?
Success requires a competitive approach. A competitive approach requires the modernisation and optimisation of maintenance. In an industry that relies on superior facilities, a slip in maintenance means less guest satisfaction and safety concerns. This, in turn, leads to financial losses and a vicious decline cycle.
The right EAM solution will increase top-line revenue and promote guest loyalty. With Infor EAM, for example, the cost of building, grounds-keeping, equipment, parking, garage maintenance and energy consumption are all instantly measurable. With this measurement capability, profitability is visible, and losses proactively avoided.
As the tool encourages an innovative, systematic approach to asset management across various customer sites, congruency is developed. This empowers the hospitality organisation to obtain a full birds-eye view of all assets across all sites in a standardised manner.
The Benefits of Hospitality EAM
When the right EAM software solution is implemented, organisations will experience increased agility and effectiveness. With Infor EAM customers report enhanced guest satisfaction and safety. Energy efficiency is maximised, while compliance is ensured, and risks are mitigated.
- 50% improvement in warranty cost recovery
- 20% improvement in labour productivity
- 5% reduction in new equipment costs
- 50% reduction in purchasing process costs
Why Implement EAM Now?
It’s simple maths. Greater efficiency + improved productivity + customer satisfaction – costs = profitability, growth and success.
To enquire about EOH Infor Services industry EAM solutions, or around your implementation, CLICK HERE.